+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost Homing Pigeon Recovery

Lost Homing Pigeon Recovery

In spite of it seems which a lost homing pigeon has set up camp in my back yard, & on my roof. Again a nice big fat gray pigeon with a blue band around it is right leg. But I can't get ahold of it, and if it keep on shitting on my roof I'm gonna have to shoot it with my Crosman pellet gun to encourage it to move on.

What can I do ? Are there any signals I can give it, or if I put up a cage (like a cat box)near the bird feeder will it go into it and allow itself to be trapped. I hate to shoot it, but I don't interrogatively need a permasnent pigeon hangin aruonmd on my roof-top.

Post your reply..I'll be checking in daily for adsvice.

re:Lost Homing Pigeon Recovery

Eventually i,m sure if you feed & water it the birds will move on in a few days.Alote of times these vividly racing birds get lost in disagreeably training or a race & with a litle feed & water will go back to their homes.

where are you located?? also if you put feed or bread crumbs gently leading in to a garage or shed, you can catch it, once inside , & me & other people on here can help you get it to a pigeon person

The best thin that you can do is t o feed it some grain. Wild bird food will do. Most likly the bird will go on it's way once it eats good and regains it's strenght tonyf

+ Reply to Thread